Off White & Golden Kerala Saree with Kasavu Zari Work
- This is a pure cotton off-white kasavu saree featuring gold zari work. The saree comes with an unstitched blouse piece.
Traditionally worn by the women of Kerala, South India, the original ‘kasavu’ sarees come in ‘kodi’ colour, the hue of sandalwood paste, with a zari border. This light pure cotton handloom is edged with golden threads and some times touched with contrasting bright colors. Kasavu sarees complete the wardrobe of traditional South Indian women and are worn during celebrations and festivities.
In 1500 BC, Zari was thought to have adorned the attire of Gods. Historically, Zari consisted of pure silver wires whose surface was fused with real gold leaves. This was known as 'Kalabattu'. Metal threads of gold, silver, copper and bronze are carefully woven together to create a zari fabric, called brocade. The intricate patterns adopted on fine silk tell a story of the bygone era.
- About the Brand
- Ennthra offers a variety of unique & exclusive ethnic Indian sarees ranging from traditional handlooms to silk zaris, trendy prints and intricate embroideries. With more than 3 decades of experience in the field of Indian textiles, Ennthra specialises in kasavu sarees, set mundu, printed sarees and tissue sarees.
- Washing Info
- Since our products come from various parts of the country and are usually hand made, woven or embroidered, we suggest you Dry Clean them only. Avoid twisting & wringing. Do not bleach. Do not iron.
- Shipping Info
- This product will be shipped to you in 45 Days.
Indianroots delivers globally and assures the use of the best possible transport/courier agencies to deliver your product's. Shipping charges are volumetric and will be mentioned at the time of check out.
The VAT / Custom Duty / Local Taxes / Import Duties are borne directly by the customer.
- Product Note
- Products on Indianroots are designer made, hand crafted and hand picked for you from various parts of India. Due to the intricate nature of the products available on our website, we take great pains in ensuring that what you see is as close to the real thing as possible. However, there may be slight variations in the colours of fabrics, dyes, prints or embroideries of the image you see on your monitor and the actual product.
For a product that is made-to-order, the design specifications cannot be changed. You may only give your size details, for it to be made in your size.
Click here for Product Disclaimer